Menu

May SAT scores are posted on-line today - FYI

They were actually available late last evening. A friend of ours posted something about SAT scores, and when my dd heard that, she flew to the computer to look hers up! :lol:

ETA: Question for those who have experience with SAT and college admissions. The state univ my dd plans to attend doesn't use the essay score. The minimum score for the reading + math required to apply for the honors college is 1200. DD has 1330. Would you have dd take the SAT again in the fall, or focus her energies elsewhere since her scores should be more than adequate for her honors app?

Edited by LizzyBee

It's been a moving date (the 26th. then the 28th, and finally posted today).

Debbie

That moving date drove us crazy :D We were waiting impatiently. I was checking email last night while waiting for the boys to return home from a birthday party and discovered that they were up. I was a happy momma! This was both boys first time to take the SAT. Interesting discovery: DS3 was able to bring his ACT-comparable score up by 2 points (his SAT converted to an ACT score 2 points higher than his April ACT). DS4 stayed the same as his ACT score.

DS3's score was higher in both writing and reading than his brother's - something that has NEVER happened. DS4 did better on math but he has also had more math than DS3. I'm so pleased! DS3 battles a LD. Standardized testing does not show what this fella is capable of doing. So it appears that the SAT is HIS test. The shorter testing times made a huge difference, IMO. The long 45 minute tests of the ACT are agony for him. This is a huge ego boost - something he has needed for a while.

I didn't even know you could do that until I searched on-line - concordance table. DS is retaking the ACT in 2 weeks, so that is interesting to see if he might actually improve ( maybe 1 point). Thanks for the tip.