Menu

Analytical Grammar HS Reinforcement

Could an 11th grader who has never used AG (we've done Abeka and Rod & Staff) use AG High School Reinforcement? Would you have had to done AG in order to complete the reinforcement books?

I'd be using it specifically for reinforcement. Thanks to Abeka and R&S, ds's grammar skills are great. However, we still have 2 years of high school left and I don't want him to loose/forget his grammar.

Is there something other than AG HS Reinforcement that would do the job? I have the R&S 9th/10th books, but I'd like something a little less intense.

Have you looked at a sample?

We used AG, and I really like the reinforcement book. It's just enough to make my son go back and review what he's learned. Based on his scores on the CC placement test, AG has done it's job.

I know that AG labels some things differently than Shurley. I imagine that there may be differences from Abeka and R&S as well. As long as you are flexible in your correcting, I don't think there would be a problem.

The only other alternative that I can think of is ACT/SAT test prep, since I assume that you don't want him to forget it before he takes those tests.

HTH!

Sue, I have looked at a sample. When I was looking over the website, it stated that it was intended for students who have completed AG and that made me question whether or not it would work.

I will also look into the SAT/ACT prep books. Thanks for the suggestions

DD completed R&S through Grade 8. This year she did the AG Reinforcement. It worked well for but she didn't always want to review items she forgot. In 10th grade she'll be using The Stewart English Program recommended in TWTM. It looks more of what I was originally looking for - review.