Menu

I Just Can't Figure This Out - Chronological Fine Arts

SnMomof7

I like how TOG integrates fine arts appreciation in the rhetoric level - art, music etc. BUT, is there something like this for grammar stage students that arranges art/music chronologically? We are doing SL 1+2 this fall and would like to do a bit of a grammar overview of these subjects to go alongside our history studies.

Any suggestions?

Take a look at this...

http://www.handleonthearts.com/cart/

I bought almost everything she has at a curriculum fair this spring. It is all wonderful! I also think age wise it could EASILY be used K-7. Some of her products are listed as "age or grade" specific, but, I don't agree. My boys and I have never incorporated art/music/architecture into our studies and, so far, this is totally fitting the bill. We love it!

I have drooled over HOTA before, but it was TOO expensive - I see it is on sale right now though, so it looks much more doable! Definitely going to talk to DH about this!

I am sort of disorganized mentally and I can NEVER figure out the Harmony Fine Arts website. I have looked at it SO many times, but I just can't figure it out. Too complicated for me I guess!

Jennifer,

I think she is starting to take most of this digital with a lower price tag, which is a big help for a lot of us! I bought the kits because they were on sale and I really LOVED the huge laminated prints. I could.not.resist. :tongue_smilie:

Anyhow, just wanted to make note of the digital format she seems to be going to. ;)

Beautiful feet has a history of Classical Music. It is chronological, the guide is cheap...and we just spread it out over our history cycle. Also, Timetables of History is a huge timeline in a book. It has an Arts and Culture thread...or something like that. You could always skim through and see what children's books are available in the library. mi

Mike Venezia's books are always great.

Faithe