Menu

AAS tiles - Did they switch to perforated?

boscopup

We just started level 3, and when I was cutting the suffix tiles included with that level, they started delaminating as I was cutting them. This is not normal, so I e-mailed the company to let them know it had happened. Sure enough, their wonderful customer service put a new set of suffix tiles and magnets in the mail to me right away, no problem.

Got the suffix tiles today, and they're perforated!!!! That is so cool! Are they doing this with all the tiles now? :lurk5:

I don't know, the last one I got I had to cut. None of them have ever de-laminated on me, I'd hate that.

Do your new perforated ones have smooth edges still? I'll be ordering level 5 next month, I wonder if I will look forward to them.

I don't know, the last one I got I had to cut. None of them have ever de-laminated on me, I'd hate that.

Yeah, none of the others have ever de-laminated. I knew they'd replace them easily though. It was clearly an issue with the lamination process on that particular set, and I know how finicky lamination can be. :tongue_smilie:

Do your new perforated ones have smooth edges still? I'll be ordering level 5 next month, I wonder if I will look forward to them.

There is one dot on each side to hold it to the "page". I haven't popped them out yet (too busy today), so I don't know if they'll be completely smooth or if the dot will still be there. I'll try to remember to report back tomorrow after I pop them out.

My AAS 3 (recently opened) came with the regular tiles and then some of the perforated ones with a nice note talking about how delaminating tiles problems were reported and they were including the perforated ones to replace the others. Popped out easily, and they are nice and smooth! I just went and looked at them again, and I really can't hardly tell the difference between the ones I cut and the newer perforated ones.

I'm so glad you posted this! I had the exact same problem with my suffix tiles! I had purchased them a while ago and didn't start using them until a few weeks ago. I just ended up peeling all of the laminating off of them. Maybe I will try contacting them to see if they can still send me a new set.

I appreciated the thread. We are getting ready to start level 3. I cut apart the suffix tiles today and the lamination came off :(

I checked on the level 4 prefixes, but they cut apart fine.

Contacted AAS and they said they'll get me a new set of suffixes.

It is noticeable! No problems with any of the prior tiles...

I've been pleased with the company and with the program. Spelling Workout just wasn't a good fit for my son, but AAS has made a big difference.