Menu

How much do you spend on AAS in a school year?

Well, we actually spent around a year doing AAS 1, but we went very slowly, took time off, reviewed, practiced etc. Now we are moving through level 2 pretty quickly, so I think that we might go through two levels this year. So, that's, what...$80 I guess?

It's non-consumable though, so my other three children will get to use it too, and considering that we have spent MORE than that on science and history, I think it's still a good price for what we are getting.

A recent thread got me realizing how much it will cost us to stick with AAS. We are going to be done with Level 1 soon and it didn't take us long and I don't think level 2 will take much longer.

It took us much longer than anticipated, but I had extenuating circumstances and multiple children for one level.

I imagine us moving through levels 4 and up much more quickly next year.

4 levels here, but I have 3 kids, so I'll get good use out of it. (we just started level 3, but I got 4 already so I'll have it when we get there, which will likely be this fall... We started level 1 in Feb.)

That first year is pricey if you're accelerating a child through it.