Menu

Lap Book Resources

Mrs Twain

What subjects are you thinking? I have had pretty good luck with the prices and selection from Currclick. Every so often I get a free one and I just save it to a jump drive for when I need it.

We do lapbooks for science as well. I use Apologia as a spine....(I really wish someone would come out with something like Apologia, but secular)...then I print off the older journal pages. I orginally bought the Notebooking Journals to go along with them, but I didn't need everything precolored. Plus, I needed more copies.

Ignorant question: What is a "lapbook?" :confused:

That is not an ignorant question! A lapbook is a project made out of a file folder. You open up the folder, and then fold the two outside edges toward the center line in order to make a sort of book that opens up. You can tape on extra cardstock pages for more display space. It is just a crafty way for kids to display information and things they have made about a certain subject. There are many variations on how to make them, and if you google it you are sure to find lots of examples.

I find them useful not only for my crafty kids to have something fun to color, cut, and paste while we are learning a subject, but it also teaches them a lot about how to present and organize their ideas into a logical display. When we show them to friends and family, the kids practice public speaking and

reinforce their learning as they tell about their lapbooks. My kids love doing

these and are always very proud of the finished product.

Another feature that I love about lapbooks is that the whole project folds up as a flat folder-sized packet which the kids can easily store in a desk drawer to

keep as long as they like (rather than a large craft creation that I have to figure out where to store or how to stealthily recycle).