Menu

CLE LA & placement

Hello, wonderful people!

We are currently using FLL/WWE 3. I think FLL 3 is probably too easy for my girls, but it's what we have for now so we're using it. I've done some of it with Emma before, but not with Abbie, and while some of it is review, I think it's working pretty well. I know when I used it with Emma previously, she did not understand the diagramming, but I think they are both going to be fine with it now.

My question is this. In looking at the placement test, I know they could easily place into CLE 400 after this. They will be in 5th & 6th grade next year, though, so I would *really* like to put them in CLE 500. Is the curriculum "spiral" enough that we could do that, do you think? Or should I really just go with they placement test? I want to push them a little harder in this area; they are more than capable. I don't want to frustrate them, though.

Thanks so much!

I think you should go with the placement test or there may be some frustration since CLE seems to advance very quickly within the level. But you can go quickly through 400 if needed by skipping the quizzes that way you can be sure you won't have gaps.

Have you looked at the samples for each LU? That might give you some idea what the 500 level is like and if the push will be too much.