Menu

What does your planner look like?

kandty

My planner is something that I made up myself since I couldn't find a hard copy one that gave me what I wanted. This way I am able to customize it to have what I want on it.

For my actual planning I do use HST+, but since I am crazy I need a paper planner that I can organize things in the order in which we do them and I guess it is sort of relaxing for me to organize it into my planner :) I just don't like HST's layout.

We school year round, so I write the plans for the next 4 weeks or so, when we have a week off. I gather everything we'll need and put it in our file box that I have weekly folders in. That way when the beginning of the week comes, I can put the stuff into his working binder that has 5 dividers for Mon - Fri and I'm good to go.

Anyway, I was making my planner in Open Office and I liked it but I use OneNote extensively to keep track of the paperwork I need for the state and just various notes, lists, and curriculum ideas. I decided to try and use OneNote for my planner pages too and have everything in ONE spot.

I've been pretty happy with the turn out. Only thing is I wish I had a bit more I could do with it, the tables be a bit more customizable and prettied up. I probably could, I am just still learning to use OneNote. I set a "blank" planner page as a template and then I just apply the templates as I go for further weeks. One of the cool things is that I have it synced with skydive (you can view all your synced documents on the web) so I can view my plans on any computer, etc.

Some things I have in my notebook are the planner pages, calendars (monthly and year), our memory work, ToG pages for the week, Math tests, PR pages I'll need for the next few weeks, Lists (his reading and memorized poetry), and other misc things. Its been very nice to finally have everything in one spot.

Anyway I converted just one of our weeks into pdf (crappy quality for some reason), so I could show what the planner pages actually look like. I have sections by week and within each section is a weekly planner page and a ToG planner page that I lay side by side in my notebook.

Had to upload it to Google Docs. My OpenOffice designed planner pages were nicer looking ;) But, I prefer to have everything in OneNote. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6ys7Ix5gPVAYzZlNDAwMTQtODY1Ni00ZGM5LTgzYWEtZjI0ODM5NTQ0N2Qy&hl=en_US&authkey=CL6Br6IE

I'm using the Well Planned Day planner, but I also got the zippered 3ring binder to go with it. The planner is 3 hole punched, so it goes in the pretty binder, along with my tapestry notes for the next 9 weeks, and I can still add in anything else I need in the 3 rings.

I have a file crate system set up for everything else, weekly folders for each student & myself. The kids have math worksheets, map assignments, paper for writing, etc. My weekly folder has menus and things I will need for the week, like field trip tickets/event brochures, maps, menus to try if I have time etc, things I want to research etc.

I love my Well Planned Day planner, too. But I didn't get their binder, 'cause I was afraid it'll make it too bulky. Was the binder worth it?

• 3 weeks later...