Menu

my 7yrs old

My struggling 7yrs old who attends a ps has been well struggling...

However we have been using phonics pathways and it is going ok. She has also finished Headsprout and was in RTI at school.

Also the pacing for first language lesson is perfect for her. For my other children it is dead boring but she is really retaining the information from all the repetition.

Are there other curriculums in other subjects that go as slow as FLL?

I am looking at mainly math now.

She struggles with counting by 2, 5, 10 as well as clock and money.

Have you considered Math Mammoth? I used Saxon for afterschool supplement, but I have seen MM now. I am very pleased with how long or short a lesson can be for math. I like the orientation of the chapters too.

At 7, we purchsed scholastic workbooks for those week areas. It was something the the ps didn't explain well or did not practice enough. I could not decide. It really didn't matter either. LOL Look at CBD for workbooks that are for skip counting (try the cd too) and for clock and money. I like the money manipulatives from CBD too. They were a big hit here at the house after school. We created a store!

I highly recommend RightStart for the very early grades. The abacus is a great tool if you have a visual or conceptual learner.

I also agree that Saxon moves slowly, and it includes tons of drill and repetition. We also enjoyed it in the early grades.