Menu

Car activities for toddlers

We're about to take a very long road trip, as in several days of travel.

I need to pack busy bags for each of my kids to keep them entertained. Any ideas on what to pack for the two little ones (3 1/2 and 21 months)?

We have a DVD player in the car, but I want to use that sparingly.

They care nothing about audiobooks, by the way. Plus it would put the driver in danger of falling asleep.

blow bubbles at them...that always worked for my kids. My kids were also entertained by a baby wipe of all things. New books...especially ones with noises, flaps etc. Music might be another thought. Color wonder might be an option for your older one. can your older one string fruit loops onto a pipe cleaner or a string. that 's all I have right now. check with this website:

MomsMinivan.com - 101 Road Trip Games, Car Travel Games for Kids, and Games to Play in the Car, Printable Car Trip Games

For my 3 year old going to the dollar store and buy some of their plastic junk that didn't matter if it got ruined or lost and giving a new toy out every hour worked. I also love these little playpacks...dh got them at walmart they have a little coloring book, crayons, and stickers based on cartoon. We also got some crayola color magic paper and markers so they can color without me having to worry about where the color will end up.