Menu

Help. A light bulb broke in the socket.

The glass part didn't break but just came out of the metal collar. I turned off the electric and tried to get it out with a needle nose pliers but didn't have any luck. I can't leave the elecric off so what do I do?

The needle nose pliers are the best thing I have found for something like this. I could never get the potato to work.

I'm reading this thread *just* so I'll know. So that someday, if civilization has ended (i.e., there are no WTM boards or for some reason I don't have access), & my lightbulb breaks in the socket, I'll know what to do.

Now all I have to do is remember. :D

I'm reading this thread *just* so I'll know. So that someday, if civilization has ended (i.e., there are no WTM boards or for some reason I don't have access), & my lightbulb breaks in the socket, I'll know what to do.

Now all I have to do is remember. :D

The main thing to remember is to cut the power OFF!!:w00t:

The potato thing didn't work. I couldn't turn it to get it out with the needle nose pliers. I tried bending the metal in and then working it lose without success. So I finally gave up and now I am down one light in my office. Dh says he will wrestle with it when he gets home. Thanks all.