Menu

Do you believe in ghosts?

Thanks for all the replies. I'm reading them with interest. I believe in demons and angels too. Because, as many said, they are in the Bible. And I like the idea that God is providing comfort through some of these experiences. I never thought of that. It could certainly explain the experience my cousin had.

I believe in SOMETHING in the spirit world, for the voice of one has saved my life TWICE. Angel? God? Ghost? Spirit? Benevolent ancestor? I don't know the name, but I can never deny the presence of something, for I've heard it with my own ears (actually, always my left ear). I have never SEEN a ghost/spirit/angel, but I have several times heard him/her/them (and no, I don't think I'm delusional).

No.

I have not encountered reliably consistent objective evidence that there is a consciousness that survives the death of the body.

However, I too have had odd unexplainable experiences which I chalk up to wishful thinking, coincidence, or lack of knowledge to explain experiences at this time. I just enjoy the weirdness of these experiences now and then. By the way, "seeing" a deceased loved one is a very common experience as are dreams of loved ones that occur right around their time of death.

I strongly believe that people interpret these experiences with a built in positive confirmation bias.

Edited by annandatje

Thanks for all the replies. I'm reading them with interest. I believe in demons and angels too. Because, as many said, they are in the Bible. And I like the idea that God is providing comfort through some of these experiences. I never thought of that. It could certainly explain the experience my cousin had.

I've known too many people who've felt comfort through this sort of thing to think it is all the work of demons.