Menu

Has anyone used K12's Human Odyssey for outlining?

I think it depends on how you outline and my friend agrees. If you take the theme of the page as your Roman Numeral and then each paragraph topic as the A,B,C etc, and then the details in that paragraph as your numbers 1,2,3 then I think you can do a 3-level outline. But if you try to have each paragraph topic being a Roman numeral, and then A,B,C being details, for many of the paragraphs I don't think there is enough there to have 1,2,3.

Hopefully, someone else will chime in here. We have not extensively outlined K12HO, we're just starting.

Probably something like World in Ancient TImes would work better for a 3-level outline where the topic is your Roman Numeral, and your A,B,C are the details and then 1,2,3 are the micro-details.

Dd only outlines once a week or so. At her age, we prefer discussion to outlining.

Each chapter in The Human Odyssey contains several main ideas---those are the Roman numerals. Within each section, each paragraph becomes the A, B, C with the details as 1,2,3. I don't have dd do full sentence outlines but mainly phrases.

Next year she will regularly outline The Human Odyssey Vol. 2 for note-taking purposes. The amount of history writing will gradually increase through 6th, 7th and 8th grades in preparation for high school.

Dd only outlines once a week or so. At her age, we prefer discussion to outlining.

Each chapter in The Human Odyssey contains several main ideas---those are the Roman numerals. Within each section, each paragraph becomes the A, B, C with the details as 1,2,3. I don't have dd do full sentence outlines but mainly phrases.

Next year she will regularly outline The Human Odyssey Vol. 2 for note-taking purposes. The amount of history writing will gradually increase through 6th, 7th and 8th grades in preparation for high school.

Thanks. That's helpful. I'm looking at it for 6th and 8th graders.