Menu

NOEO Difficulty Levels?

SnMomof7

Hi!

We just started NOEO Chemistry I and I think it will be perfect for my just-turned eight-year-old. She is really, really liking it.

BUT Chemistry II looks like a big jump up in difficulty. SO, my question is - if you have used the level II books, how do they rank in order of difficulty? For example - is biology easier than chemistry? How does the physics fit in? Or are they all pretty similar?

Trying to think about what we might do after we are done this :).

I read somewhere on the Noeo site ages ago that the difficulty goes biology, chem, physics. I can't find it now, but I've been basing my progression on it.

I used chem this year with my 1st grader (it's been perfect) and will use physics this coming year for 2nd grade saving biology for 3rd grade because I'll be folding my next ds into the fray and want science to be fun and easy for him. They say it doesn't matter which order you do them I'm but I didn't want my next ds doing physics as a first grader. He's an advanced learner but only average in maturity so I think some of the concepts would go way over his head.

Thanks :). I was *thinking* that it might be biology, chemistry, physics in order of difficulty, because that seems pretty intuitive. I know they are sort of supposed to be interchangeable, but often there are slight differences in difficulty level even within the same level of something IYKWIM?

I'm probably not much help here...but I was also reading on their website that the levels had to do with the student's reading level. I plan to use NOEO later for middle school and I though level 2 was about middle school level. If you go on their website, they came out with a level 3 for chemistry (?). Once again, I may be wrong. :tongue_smilie:

I read somewhere on the Noeo site ages ago that the difficulty goes biology, chem, physics.

I've also read that the progression is Biology, Chemistry then Physics.

We absolutely LOVE Chemistry 1 and my big girl is really thriving and retaining a lot more than I anticipated!!