Menu

IEW question

How hard is it to teach? I listened to SWB's writing lectures and LOVED them.....I even get it in my head and agree with everything she says.....but it just doesn't get done. It seems I need something in a book, on paper, telling me to, "do this today, then this tomorrow." Does that make sense? Otherwise it's just "out there" floating around. I don't think I'm communicating this well. Anyway, now I am seriously looking at IEW b/c he teaches it and there are concrete assignments. Maybe after I listen to the DVD's I'll have enough confidence to have them write across the curr.?

Also, I have kids in all three levels....do I need to buy all three levels?

Any advice would be so helpful.

Thank you!

The TWSS iswhat you need.

It will teach the method. I watched them each time I folded laundry.

Then once you understand the method you can buy theme based lessons which are affordable ways to schedule yourself. I'm on my iPod and can't recall ages you mentioned but Fun and Fascinating is great for 3-5. History based are good too. Lori Verstegen is the author. The theme based and hist based can be used for multiple kids and age groups.

(This is about ds10, last year he was a fourth grader.) The SWI set saved my sanity last year. I finally had a concrete schedule to follow and dvds that taught the lesson. It was amazing.

This year ds10 (fifth grade) is doing All Things Fun and Fascinating. It is working too. No dvds but there is a schedule and the lessons are written to the student. In other words it is getting done.

I haven't watched the TWSS because I didn't have time. The SWI is written to the student so I didn't need to do as much. It worked for us. I hope to get the TWSS watched over the summer.

If you have to choose TWSS is better IMO.

I couldn't make swi work. Its a tape of Pudewa doing his seminar in a short Amt of time. It's not really scheduled in real time I found.

Maybe the newer one (is there a new one?) is better. Mine was an old swi on VHS.

They how have pdf schedules to download which tell you how much of the dvd to watch and what to assign for writing. It also contains all the student handouts needed. It it enough for 20-30 weeks of lessons. They had several scheduling options but SWI and SICC combo could take 2 years or more.