Menu

Cool Science Experiments

hmschooln

Hi. I need some ideas for some experiments to do with 10 yr olds. The more wow factor the better. Just things to get them to go oh, ah. You get the idea. Oh also got any experiments to use those large baby soda bottle test tubes? Thanks:001_smile:

Lol thanks but my husband actually brought me home some. Hmm what does it mean when your dh sees owl pellets and thinks of you?:D

:lol::lol::lol:

AngelBee, don't forget to mention you did those things in a comment, otherwise 2 weeks from now when it's time I won't remember that you entered, and I'd hate to mistake it for just a friendly comment, when it was meant to be an entry!:tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol:

AngelBee, don't forget to mention you did those things in a comment, otherwise 2 weeks from now when it's time I won't remember that you entered, and I'd hate to mistake it for just a friendly comment, when it was meant to be an entry!:tongue_smilie:

:lol: Whoops! K....

We did a really neat one. My son is only five, but all the older kids at the science fair loved it:) DS coated his hand with pam, vegetable oil, and crisco. Well, first we put a baggie on his hand, then coated it with each of these, and then placed his hand in ice cold water and timed how long he could keep his hand in it. I saw this on the internet, and I thought no way, so I had to try it after ds, and was amazed that I could keep my hand in and never feel the cold with the crisco:)