Menu

ideas on how to teach World History to high schooler using

Guest trena hargreaves

Guest trena hargreaves

have any of you ever used The History of the Medieval World and/or The History of the Ancient World to teach your high schooler World History? My daughter takes all of her classes outside of the home, but she needs to get a World History credit next year. I'm torn between hiring a great History teacher to either tutor her, put together a small group of kids to have him as their teacher, or just have her plow thru these books. But i like to follow a curriculum, and i don't know if Mrs. Bauer has written anything as of yet? thanks, trena

I believe for a world history credit, you would need something encompassing a broader range of years rather than just the Ancients and/or Medieval periods. We use SWB's books (Ancient this year for 9th and will use Medieval for 10th next year) and the classes will be titled Ancient World History and Medieval World History on the transcript (He will then take AP World History and AP American History). Of course, I'm sure there are more ways to do it, but for a one year world history class I think it would be better to use a different resources, probably a text book. I will be happy to share the syllabus I made for HoAW, but there are no questions or tests. I have him summarize or outline each chapter.

Guest trena hargreaves

Thanks so much Kim! You are right, i think i will just go by the tutor we are using's suggested text book, and we can use the two new high school books as resources. Do you know if SWB is coming out with the rest of the volumes thru Modern for highschoolers? So there is no workbook that you know of that accompanies these books, like she wrote for Story of the World? thanks again. trena

No workbooks or study guides. I believe you can find some discussion questions someone on here wrote if you do a search, but they were not for the whole book (that would be Ancients, there is nothing that I know of for Medieval).

This is the thread that I believe Kim is referring to above.

Regards,

Kareni