Menu

Can't decide between NEM and DM

My 13 yr old Dd finished 6B years ago, went through Jacob's Algebra in two years and then into NEM 1 and is almost half way through NEM2. She understands all the concepts, feels much of the work is tedious, yet makes many small errors. (She never had a math error in her younger years.) She has the ability, but very little drive to excell. She seems to be hitting a wall with the intensity of the problems. She is stuck on Test Paper 3, confused about what they are asking for on some of the problems. She works independently and comes to me for help with corrections.

I've been thinking of switching to Discovery Math. She thinks it looks babyish compared to NEM, but is considering it an option. I have three more math gifted kids coming behind her and am trying to find one program for them all to go through if possible.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Kathy:confused:

:bigear:

My boys are in NEM1 and I'm not totally happy with it. A few of the practice problems don't have specific enough instructions. And so far the workbook problems/reviews are not in sync with the scope of the text.

Have you looked at AOPS?