Menu

Yearly progress reports anyone?

My state requires either yearly testing be done or a progress report.

What exactly is a yearly progress report?

A report card? Can I just explain what we did for each credit?

I won't be finished with this year by the time I need to bring it down but I won't mention that. Is that okay?

I'll be applying to be approved the same time I bring the progress report down so she'll know I'll be starting 12th grade in September so I figure she won't need to know about how long it will take me to finish. I'll probably bring my SAT score down too just to show I improved (hopefully :tongue_smilie:)

What I submit is a transcript for the year plus a a sheet labeled "Year End Progress Narrative" which consists of a brief course description followed by the textbook used for each subject listed on my transcript. This fulfills my state/district requirement plus it gives me good practice for organizing materials that might be needed for the "down the road" college admissions!

Myra

Stephanie,

Unless you've promised them a progress report, I'd suggest seeing if they'll accept the SAT (since it sounds like you've already taken it?) or PSAT scores.

My feeling has always been to give them the minimum they will accept. My town has been happy with the results of the CAT Survey Edition from Seton (it's a really brief standardized test) that goes up through grade 10. When my oldest was in grade 11, I submitted his PSAT scores, and they were happy with those.

Definitely no need to tell them exactly when you'll be "done" unless they ask.

Best wishes,

Brenda

Thanks for the replies.

I spoke with her today. We agreed upon a progress report in the beginning of the year (after she tried telling my mother and I we would need testing to be done).

I'm just going to do a report card type thing.

Oh, and I also don't have to be approved again. She said just bring down the progress report and I'll be kept in the system as a homeschooler unless I signed out.