Menu

Can you tell me what Afterschooling is??

It's homeschooling while still sending your DC to public or private school. Often done "after school", hence the term. It's often done before school, after school, weekends, and summers.

My DH doesn't support exclusive home schooling, but strongly supports after schooling, so that's what we'll be doing - starting with learning to read.

Well, at our house, afterschooling is beforeschooling and it's more like you-better-keep-homeschooling-because-your-public-schools-suck.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep! Down here in the great state of Texas we're, what?, 44th in the country? Yee Haw!!!

For me, afterschooling has mostly meant filling in the gaps. I have been the parent of at least one school-aged child since 1995 and we have moved a lot. Every school had its strengths and weaknesses.

A lot of my afterschooling has actually been done in the summer.

According to my 7 year old, afterschooling is "a type of learning when you learn things you didn't get to learn at school. These are some of the things that I have been learning: latin, history, science and making projects for history. Afterschooling is things that your parent is having you do freely because they want you to learn more. Sometimes you are able to choose stuff that relates to things you need to work on because you have not mastered them. One of the things I have learned is Latin. I chose it because I wanted to learn it, not because my parent wanted me to."

According to my 7 year old, afterschooling is "a type of learning when you learn things you didn't get to learn at school. These are some of the things that I have been learning: latin, history, science and making projects for history. Afterschooling is things that your parent is having you do freely because they want you to learn more. Sometimes you are able to choose stuff that relates to things you need to work on because you have not mastered them. One of the things I have learned is Latin. I chose it because I wanted to learn it, not because my parent wanted me to."

Can I hug your DC?!?! That's adorable! And a perfect explanation!