Menu

Mary Kay Questions

I'm generally low-maintenance.

I never wear make up (although I used to wear LOTS ;)).

1. I love exfoliation and like the MK Time Wise Microdermabrasion Kit.

I'm usually more of a Paula's Choice type, but now and again, I like to switch things around.

2. I don't like dark shadows under my eyes and having a shiny forehead.

Given that I don't like to wear make up, particularly obvious make up, does MK have any products that would help in these 2 areas - a concealer or skin brightener or whatever to help hide the dark shadows? Blotting Paper that actually works for the shiny forehead? Is there any kind of mineral-ish make up that doesn't show. I have huge issues with foundation and finding the right shade. Concealer also. Is there any kind of product that hides dark shadows effectively and discreetly?

3. Any other absolutely amazing things that are low-maintenance for me? :)

4. Ds, in particular, but both dc, do tend to break out. Ds is not one to go for an entire acne line. Would the MK Acne Gel work in and of itself?

5. These questions are mostly with regards to travel and our upcoming trip. I do not want to be traveling with too much stuff. Again, low-maintenance, if at all, is more my style.

Thank you! :)

Edited by Negin in Grenada

Hi Negin. :) I like Mary Kay's timewise products as well, but for your dark circles, all you would really need is a concealer (if they are not too dark) or a color corrector and a concealer if they are. Bobbi Brown's color corrector is good as is Eve Pearl's, I love Laura Mercier's concealer. It's full coverage, but blends in like you've got nothing on. As far as acne/oil control, I think a BB cream would be right up your alley. It's kind of like a tinted moisturizer, but it has a little more coverage, but still blends in flawlessly to your skin and feels like you have nothing on, the only draw back with BB creams is they don't have a wide shade range, but if you can find one in your shade they are awesome! :) Mac also has a product called "matte" that you can put on your skin to keep it shine free and then you can either go with a light tinted moisturizer or nothing at all if you choose, or a mineral foundation or whatever other type of foundation you prefer. Or you could go with a face primer that mattifies the skin also. Just some different options you can look into. :)

I'm generally low-maintenance.

I never wear make up (although I used to wear LOTS ;)).

1. I love exfoliation and like the MK Time Wise Microdermabrasion Kit.

I'm usually more of a Paula's Choice type, but now and again, I like to switch things around.

2. I don't like dark shadows under my eyes and having a shiny forehead.

Given that I don't like to wear make up, particularly obvious make up, does MK have any products that would help in these 2 areas - a concealer or skin brightener or whatever to help hide the dark shadows? Blotting Paper that actually works for the shiny forehead? Is there any kind of mineral-ish make up that doesn't show. I have huge issues with foundation and finding the right shade. Concealer also. Is there any kind of product that hides dark shadows effectively and discreetly?

3. Any other absolutely amazing things that are low-maintenance for me? :)

4. Ds, in particular, but both dc, do tend to break out. Ds is not one to go for an entire acne line. Would the MK Acne Gel work in and of itself?

5. These questions are mostly with regards to travel and our upcoming trip. I do not want to be traveling with too much stuff. Again, low-maintenance, if at all, is more my style.

Thank you! :)

The whole Timewise line is great. For the dark circles you could use the Timewise Targeted Action Eye Revitalizer. There is something in it that diminishes dark circles.

The MK blotting papers are awesome- I always have them in my purse. If your skin is oily I would stay away from any mineral makeups (the powders) and use a cream to powder or liquid. You could put the mineral powder on top of that, but I have found that the mineral powder directly on oily skin is not the best.

My son uses the Velocity Cleanser and Moisturizer along with the Acne Treatment Gel. The Acne Treatment Gel can be used alone on individual spots, but make sure he washes his face with something twice a day - even if it is a bar of Ivory soap.

Thank you, everyone for the very helpful tips. :D

The whole Timewise line is great. For the dark circles you could use the Timewise Targeted Action Eye Revitalizer. There is something in it that diminishes dark circles.

Thank you also.

Have you tried the MK Timewise Targeted Action Eye Revitalizer? I have not yet found anything that actually diminishes them and that really and truly works. I've become very skeptical. I would love for it to work, and would much rather use that than a concealer. I'm just skeptical.