Menu

Please name the top 10 colleges or universities that are drooling over hsers.

smilesonly

That depends on PSAT , ACT and SAT scores along with AP classes or dual enrollment at a satisfactory college. Several very, very prestigious universities are interested in dd as she worked hard and tested beautifully. Absent a diagnosed learning disability there are not kids who cannot test well only those who are not willing to work. Having prepped more than a few the difference is not where they attended school be it home , private or public the test scores matter. A lot.

I don't know that there is a top 10, but here's a longer list on a common college site:

http://www.insidecollege.com/reno/HomeschoolFriendly-Colleges/692/list.do

It's not 100% as the son my oldest goes to (Covenant College in GA) is extremely homeschool friendly, but doesn't make the list for some reason.

Thank you!:)

That depends on PSAT , ACT and SAT scores along with AP classes or dual enrollment at a satisfactory college. Several very, very prestigious universities are interested in dd as she worked hard and tested beautifully. Absent a diagnosed learning disability there are not kids who cannot test well only those who are not willing to work. Having prepped more than a few the difference is not where they attended school be it home , private or public the test scores matter. A lot.

Yes, *I* know this, but not all universities and colleges do.

Do you mind naming the ones wanting your dd? You can PM me if you prefer...

Thank you!:)

Are you looking for Top 10 in a US News sense of best colleges? Or Top 10 in the sense of easiest and most likely to accept homeschoolers without extra hoops?

If the former, every single one of the Top oodles from US News have sent middle son literature off the PSAT and SAT. This includes all the Ivies and similar. I'm pretty sure they go solely off scores and not whether or not a student was homeschooled. They just want a diverse group of top students and don't much care (IMO) how they got there. They do KNOW middle son was homeschooled as he's put that code in on the tests. It appears on some of the literature they've sent in "form" fashion. I'm sure it could have been sorted out had they wanted to.

If the latter, that's a tougher call and why I put the link on that I did. It might be easier to list schools who aren't as homeschool friendly (like someone recently mentioned VCU required a GED - an extra hoop), but even then schools change every year as admissions are recognizing the pros of homeschooled students. The "anti" list could soon be outdated.

Previously homeschooled students have done a superb job of paving the way for those of us who have students homeschooling now. I thank them immensely!!!