Menu

NEWS FLASH :) I created a quinoa recipe, I think...

Today I had the impulse to throw these ingredients together for a quinoa dish. I posted a thread a while back, winter maybe?, asking for quinoa recipes.

Here's a new one I made today. However, I can't imagine someone else has not done this, so bummer it's probably not an original.

Quinoa - red, black, white

Chick Peas

Toasted Pecans

Cranberries

Honey

Ha, yep, here ya go.

Quinoa - pan fry in maybe 2 T oil for maybe 5 min....be careful not to burn. Dry amt was maybe 3/4 c. This will teach me to measure next time. LOL!

Honey - mixed in 2 T honey (I didn't measure, so I'm guessing on this amt)

Cranberries - maybe 1/2 c. and remember to submerge in HOT water and let stand 5 min. Drain water.

Pecans - toast 1/3 c. crushed for about 5 min. LET COOL!

Chickpeas - 1/2 c. drain

Add all together! YUM!

You know, as I type this "maybe" a little shredded parmesan cheese on top? Or that asparagus cut finely.

With the above "guessed amts" :lol: I think this is a little sweet. Now, I like sweet, but I was suprised this was sweet to me at least. Next time I'll cut back a bit on the honey and/or cranberries. But, it's good as is. I could cut some of that sweet with more pecans or adding the asparagus and/or parmesan cheese, perhaps.

ENJOY!

Ha, yep, here ya go.

Quinoa - pan fry in maybe 2 T oil for maybe 5 min....be careful not to burn. Dry amt was maybe 3/4 c. This will teach me to measure next time. LOL!

Honey - mixed in 2 T honey (I didn't measure, so I'm guessing on this amt)

Cranberries - maybe 1/2 c. and remember to submerge in HOT water and let stand 5 min. Drain water.

Pecans - toast 1/3 c. crushed for about 5 min. LET COOL!

Chickpeas - 1/2 c. drain

Add all together! YUM!

You know, as I type this "maybe" a little shredded parmesan cheese on top? Or that asparagus cut finely.

With the above "guessed amts" :lol: I think this is a little sweet. Now, I like sweet, but I was suprised this was sweet to me at least. Next time I'll cut back a bit on the honey and/or cranberries. But, it's good as is. I could cut some of that sweet with more pecans or adding the asparagus and/or parmesan cheese, perhaps.

ENJOY!

I have all these ingredients! I think I'll try this tonight, with the lesser honey amount.

Wait...don't you need to cook the quinoa in water also?

Yum!!!! Add a little feta to it and you'll have us knocking on your door at dinnertime!!!!

You know, you're right. It is missing that little something. I'm not familiar with feta cheese....but, I think I've sampled it at the store and like it. How do you buy it. I'd rather not buy processed, but fresh....details, details.

Do you think crumbled bleu cheese would work? I bet that might make it a little too strong.