Menu

Handle on the arts?

swellmomma

We really like them. We have just the Core B activities. The activities range from art study, recipes, clay work. There are a few paper crafts, which I usually like to stay away from, but as a whole, I found it worth it. I like activities that either fit in a notebook or something with substance like making butter or cheese or along that line (with photos, of course!). It is scheduled week by week with SL Core B, and lines up well. The kids really enjoy them and once instructed on what to do, my 8 and 6-year-old will be able to go at it themselves without me doing the project for them.

We used them this year with Core 1. I have to say that while we were using them, SL was much better. My DS got so much more out of it and loved project day! We moved and kinda got away from doing as many projects and the whole program just went downhill from there.

I would give them thumbs up for sure!

I bought volume 1 used and used it in a co-op setting. The classes included crafts, drama, art history, music, and architecture. We did it 2 times a month over a 3 month period. Not enough time for everything in the book. It was hard to pick and choose what I wanted to include in the class. The kids really liked it. I loved that it was easy to teach. I would recommend this program to anyone that likes crafts.