Menu

FLL vs. Language Lessons Series by Sandi Queen

JEMama

Can anyone compare FLL with Sandi Queen's Language Lessons series? Does Sandi Queen's series contain grammar lessons? Is there a lot of overlap? I like that there are lots of picture studies in the Language Lessons series. It seems like both have short lessons, but will doing both be overkill?

It has been a few years since I used the Queen's one, but from my recollection, there is just not much there. I didn't feel like there was much repitition of the concepts and, in general, I didn't think I got very much for my money. I think FLL looks like a more complete program. Just my opinion.

I've used Language Lessons for Little Ones 2 and 3 and for the price I just wasn't that impressed. My K'er flew through the first one and is now finishing up the second one and I don't really think she retains that much from them. Maybe they get more challenging, but we are switching to FLL for 1st grade next year.

I've used Language Lessons for Little Ones 2 and 3 and for the price I just wasn't that impressed. My K'er flew through the first one and is now finishing up the second one and I don't really think she retains that much from them. Maybe they get more challenging, but we are switching to FLL for 1st grade next year.

It doesn't get more challenging:sad: My dd flew through the 1st elementary one in a few months. I got the next one to use until I figured out what to do next and it was the same topics and no progression at all. She used it for a week or so until we got something else.