Menu

Questions about Lightning Lit...

I am looking at the high school courses, and I see that they just have the "guide." Is that for the teacher or the student? I see in the junior high courses there is a student and teacher book, but I'm not seeing an explanation of how the high school courses work. If it is for the teacher, are the pages reproducible? I see comprehension questions, but I'm not sure how the student gets them.

The only LL course my boys did at the high school level was both sections of World Lit. They really, really liked it. I gave them the guide and they did the course together discussing the books, then telling me about them. I didn't get to read their books - just sometimes excerpts. I wanted to read more than I got to as their reading selections were generally loved by my guys.

Note: World doesn't necessarily do as much for ENGLISH as it does for CULTURE. I'm really glad I had mine do it - as are they. It was their favorite of the English classes (American and European being the other main two (via Notgrass for us) - great books being the last).

Note 2: Some people have issues with the content of some of the books in World Lit. We didn't, but just letting you know.

They supplemented English with Wordly Wise to keep up their skills for the SAT/ACT.