Menu

I *was* looking for another math curriculum for my youngest ds until...

he tried his older brothers TT5 today. My youngest ds is 8 (2nd gr.) and I was really stuggling with what to do with him next year after MUS this year.

Just for giggles I sat him down with TT5 (lesson 2). He did it just fine (with some help from me) and ASKED to do the next lesson!! This is the kid that I fight with almost daily over getting math going. He really doesn't like MUS and it shows.

So, I just wanted to share with ppl who would understand my JOY at my ds actually **asking** to do TWO lessons today. Yeah!

:party: That's great! Yah! Congratulations!

I have a math phobic dc and she is doing fine with remedial MM but she never, never asks to do more. I think if my girl asked to do more math I would faint. I have a friend that uses TT and she offered to let me borrow it to see if dd would like it. Hmmmm maybe I should try it out for when she reaches the end of her remediation.

We love TT in this house. My "mathy" 2nd grader is almost finished with TT3. My 3rd grader wants to do it for next year. As to the too easy question, I don't really think it is. DS is obviously working ahead of grade level so I thought maybe DD would need to move ahead, too. She's been working through a Harcourt 3rd grade textbook for her math this year, pretty standard, grade-level stuff. But, I gave her the TT5 placement test and she couldn't do it (she hadn't gotten to a lot of the things on the test). So, she's going to do TT4 along with her brother next year. And the beautiful thing is that I only have to buy one set of discs! Yay! I just saved $99! :D

As to the too easy question. I at times think it's not challenging enough for my 4th grader using TT5. We came from Singapore Math and I think I might add some supplements from it to TT along the way. I *liked* Singapore Math, ds was just struggling and I was having a hard time trying to explain things to him. I don't know...it's give/take really. But supplementing I think will be a good choice for us.