Menu

Anyone else still undecided?

Beebalm

My dd is waiting on one last scholarship decision to make her final chooice about where to attend. Are any of you still struggling with that final decision? We're feeling a little isolated....seems like everyone we know is all settled and headed in a particular direction. She's narrowed it down to two, but the waiting is excruciating. (For old mom, anyway:) Misery loves company. Anyone else undecided? Still?

Well, there is an almost certain choice, but we are waiting for two more scholarship decisions from this college to come in. One should come in the mail this week, and one he has to interview for at the end of the month. Ds won't commit until he knows for sure he will get a little more money from them.

Thanks, Sonshine. It does appear that most are already set on a definite college. Oh my. Off to chew my nails some more. Hope we can resolve our issues this week. I'm so tired of reading campus review sites...they're beginning to look too much alike. :tongue_smilie:

Well, I guess we are still undecided. Yes, it is driving me nuts. I found out today that through an oversight on my son's part he missed out on an interview for a scholarship to his school of choice. There was only one scholarship of this type awarded, so he may not have gotten it anyway, but I did feel very disappointed.

Now, we are waiting on one more scholarship notification from this school, which should be arriving by tomorrow, if the school stuck to their deadline. That and the issue that my son won't visit his second choice school at all. Yes, I am ready for this child's college application process to be over with. But, you know, he's a great young man - I need to not sweat the small stuff.

Beebalm - are both schools equally good choices? Is it a matter of the best scholarships/financial aid to cost factor?

Yes, we are in the waiting game. D is choosing between two schools in the same state- not ours and not near our current one. One is a large state school with honors program, one is a small LAC also with an honors program. SHe has been accepted into the large honors program, she is still waiting to hear from the second. WE are also waiting to get her neuropsych evaluation back to send to both schools and see what accomodations they will offer. I think she will be going to the large state school. But we are also waiting for orders. I could see her deciding to take a gap year if we go to England.