Menu

Does this exist? 1st Geography like HOD/MFW all in one?

SEGway

I keep leaning toward VP for the history cycles. (Not necessarily their specific lesson plans, but starting in 2nd with ancients and going slow...then two 3 yr. cycles in jr. high and high school.)

So, I'm looking for something cohesive to tie first grade together, and I think geography would be much better than a year of strictly American history with geography tacked on (which is what seems to be preferred).

I just got HOD's Beyond (second-hand from the sale board, yeah!), and I'm expecting FIAR vol. 1 any day now. Either of those may work. But, I would love to hear about any preplanned stuff for 1st grade that centers on geography instead of Am. history. (Oh, and I've looked at WP HIH and that's not exactly my cup of tea....sorry to get picky. :tongue_smilie:)

I know we would be fine with just reading/handwriting/spelling/math, but we're expecting a new baby in Sept., and I think an actual program for this one year will be beneficial. Someone else's daily plans to keep me on track would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

Sarah

A mixture of Galloping the Globe and FIAR would work for what you are looking to do. You could use GTG as your main spine list and fill in FIAR books as they fit. there are many FIAR books listed in the recommended resources for each country in GTG. GTG has other activities for each country, too.

HTH!

Look up Expedition Earth from Confessions of a Homeschooler. It's not exactly and all-in-one, but it's got a lot of good stuff for Geography and even animal study. I am most likely doing it for 1st grade.

Expedition Earth was one I was thinking of but couldn't find a link for it.