Menu

Horizons, CLE or R&S with MUS - which one?

Roxy Roller

I have been doing MUS with my children - which we love and will keep up to Zeta. That being said, I want to add a spiral review to our line up for next year. I want it be behind what we are doing in MUS, which I know is difficult to plan, because MUS's S&S is so different.

From what I have gathered on this board, Horizons, CLE or R&S are the top picks for the spiral method. Which would be the best to choose? Would I have them do a year behind MUS to get the review? I don't want the spiral review to be difficult, I just want the constant review from a different perspective.

Thanks in advance!

Rod and Staff is actually mastery with tons and tons of review so it seems almost like spiral. It is very meaty and is great as a stand alone program.We are switching to this from MUS because my children don't do well with spiral and the more I use MUS the more I realize how many gaps there seem to be. It's probably just my ds but he forgets things that were covered. I guess I shouldn't expect him to remember something covered 5wks before and then just kind of thrown in that many weeks later without review. It makes me a nervous reck for testing. I do really like how MUS presents certain things and imo it's genius, but I also think the design does not work for my children. I'm looking forward to R&S but incorporating MUS presentation. If your children can handle spiral though, imho, it's ideal. I've not used CLE but I hear it is similar to horizons with better teacher's manuals and a better price.

hth!

Edited by MyLittleBears

I like Horizons, but actually was switching to MUS for a more mastery approach. I LOVE YOUR IDEA to use MUS and another curriculum with sprialing for review :) THANKS.

That said I would say Horizons is a nice program!