Menu

Question for MFW people

It adds some color photos. Doesn't overwhelm the day with all of the other readings in the same subject and day. It's used to add just enough extra info and photographs of what's going on and being discussed. My advanced reading 9th grader likes it. She feels like it is a nice break and enjoys it.

-crystal

Yes, it's a nice break with pictures. It also gives the details of life in different ancient civilizations -- what folks wore and the role of women and the difference between Athens & Sparta etc. I don't think these types of facts need to be couched in academia -- they're the same facts either way. It's 9th grade and you read the whole thing, so to me it seems like a substantial enough addition to the other materials (Bible text, textbook, mapping assignments, timeline, literature, etc).

Julie

It's a good balance with Exploring World History. Notgrass's book is only in black and white; my daughter 'needs' some color to keep her mind engaged (well, she thinks she does anyway). It has a lot of information too. I would have liked to have read it in 9th grade. :) Actually it was one of the items that worked for us in AHL. Some didn't, but this one was a keeper.

It's a pretty thick book.... covers a LOT of details over 2000+ years. ;)

You aren't thinking of the similarly titled book that's used in MFW elementary years (CTG and RTR), are you? Different book.

Donna's right, make sure you're thinking of the 400 page book.

Julie