Menu

Spielvogel rec in new edition of TWTM ---

is not recommended in the new book. However i am still going to use it because i can't find the dorling kindersley version available at Barnes and nobles on the racks only online. Since we are starting homeschooling immediately, I needed the supplies asap. NO time for mail order anything.

I have the 2nd edition of TWTM, and I believe they recommend Spielvogel's Western Civilization. It comes in a variety of editions, such as one brief version or split into 2 or 3 books, with each book covering different time periods. I decided to buy the 5th edition split into 2 volumes, because we're doing only 2 years of world history in high school. I bought them used on Amazon for less than $4 each. There are also other Spielvogel editions, such as World History, Human Odyssey, etc., and I'm not sure what the difference is in terms of content.

is not recommended in the new book. However i am still going to use it because i can't find the dorling kindersley version available at Barnes and nobles on the racks only online. Since we are starting homeschooling immediately, I needed the supplies asap. NO time for mail order anything.

I was able to order DK History of the World and SWB's History of the Medieval World on Amazon and received it in two days.

We are using an older edition and I really like it. I can't remember which edition, but it has the lute playing women on the cover (combined edition).

I find the text thorough and interesting. However, I do not have test banks so am making my own assessments, which means I have to study the material to be sure my son's essay questions are answered in a reasonable way.

I purchased the text used for $14. We do you the companion site a little.