Menu

History of the Ancient World .. curious ..

Yes, sorry - SWB.

I was curious if anyone was using. I might should ask on the HS board too. I was more or less running through history resources. I could not decide on an "extra". I am torn between Biblioplan and creating my own logic stage history for ancients. I have a student that still enjoys the crafts and coloring, but she still loves the indepth explorations. It would appear that this text is more advanced that Streams of Civilization. I was not planning on trying to use it, but went to look at samples when I was checking my notes.

I am a list keeper. :) If you all mention it, it goes on a tab for that subject in my excel workbook, LOL.

Yes, sorry - SWB.

I was curious if anyone was using. I might should ask on the HS board too. I was more or less running through history resources. I could not decide on an "extra". I am torn between Biblioplan and creating my own logic stage history for ancients. I have a student that still enjoys the crafts and coloring, but she still loves the indepth explorations. It would appear that this text is more advanced that Streams of Civilization. I was not planning on trying to use it, but went to look at samples when I was checking my notes.

I am a list keeper. :) If you all mention it, it goes on a tab for that subject in my excel workbook, LOL.

I wouldn't use it before High School.

We really liked Biblioplan the year we used it :).

Yes, sorry - SWB.

Now, why have I never thought of that?! I use excel for EVERYTHING else, why not curriculum notes!

Thank you!!!!! :)

Oh, and we'll be using History of the Ancient World for 9th grade with Knowledge Quest maps.

LOL, yes Excel - ;) Ask me about timelines, LOL (For the second round, we will learn Excel through a unit study. The timelines will be moved to Excel.)

Oh, I have three workbooks titled grammar, logic, and rhetoric.

In there, I have ancient, middle, life/biology, physics, literature, math, grammar, writing, and on and on ...

Everytime someone mentions a book and or its contents .... My mouse is clicking copy and paste. :) I list all resources by name in a column, and notes or comments go on the row. I widen the rows a little and use wrap text. Every so often, I click the A column and have it sort alpha. If a "little great book" or "great book" is both a resource for reading and is non-fiction, I hyperlink on the history sheet. Otherwise, fiction does not make it to the history sheet.

It is a fantastic way! Don't forget that no matter how long your workbook gets, you can always use the "find" feature to search words and phrases.

Oh, and we'll be using History of the Ancient World for 9th grade with Knowledge Quest maps.

This is what I figured for HS - including their maps.

OT: have you used the KQ maps yet or still using SOTW? I was trying to decide between biblio maps, KQ maps, and SOTW maps. I am thinking I will get the workbook this time for SOTW 1.

Hmmm .... maybe that was another post?

This is what I figured for HS - including their maps.

OT: have you used the KQ maps yet or still using SOTW? I was trying to decide between biblio maps, KQ maps, and SOTW maps. I am thinking I will get the workbook this time for SOTW 1.

Hmmm .... maybe that was another post?

This year (grade 6) we are using Glencoe's World History Journey Across Time the Early Ages as our spine, with Knowledge Quest maps, the red Kingfisher History Encyclopedia, and the big Smithsonian History reference book along with historically appropriate articles from National Geographic and Smithsonian magazines.

My DS really, really, really loves textbook formats. He's not too crazy about outlines, but we're working on it.

I forgot about Glencoe - I usually think of Prentice Hall.

Added to my list, LOL.

Oh that is right ... I do have to get National Geo. in there somewhere. Hmmm.... I wanted to add some of the history magazines too. Am I really going to be making my own history? I could just make notes all over my biblioplan. LOL

:) We like the textie approach too. Now, I am making up words. I have spent entirely too much time with access data today. <giggle>