Menu

Question about finding at Neuropsych Evaluation

MY 17 yo dd went for a neuropsych evaluation last month in order to get the help she needs at college. Yes, they agreed she has severe ADHD along with executive function disorder (new) and something with her memory. (I don't have the report yet but did discuss with the psychologist). The deficit she has that I don't know the name I will describe. They gave her a picture to draw- it had a large rectangle which had diagonals, a circle with three dots, and some other marks in it, plus a triangle off to the side, a square off to another side, and a line sticking out with two dashes through them on another corner Everyone else, the psychologist, my entire family, and one of her friends, drew the big rectangle first. She, on the other hand, drew parts of the rectangle, parts of other lines, and then filled in more, and more. Also while her first picture wasn't that good, her remembering and drawing it was much better after an hour. Most everyone gets worse at it but she did it much better later. Now this strange disability, not seeing things the way others do, probably explains why computer programming lessons have been taking her extraordinarily long and the way she does the programming is correct but much more complicated than it needed to be. I think she doesn't see or get the easy way to do things. I think she does this with math too. She eventually gets things and when it was pointed out to her that there was a rectangle in the picture, she could see it but she hadn't seen it before. Anyone know what this disability is?