Menu

My daughter is loving Writing Tales

Mom0012

I bought WT for her 2 years before she was ready for it because I'd heard so many wonderful reviews about it. Since she was only in first grade, we tried out WWE 1 at that time and she loved it. She also really enjoyed WWE 2. We have struggled more as we reached the halfway point with WWE 3. There is more frustration because of the length of some of the dictation passages and while I think it's a great program and intend to finish it at some point, it seemed time for a break.

So, anyway, I pulled out WT (which I had bought new, sold and then repurchased used :D) and she just loves it. She wrote two pages about the Town Mouse and the Country Mouse today and she did such a beautiful job. She loves adding the creative touches to her rewrites. I think all the work we've done with WWE has really made WT easy for her, but it's been a refreshing change of pace for both of us. I'm so glad I was able to let go of my goal of finishing WWE 3 by May and just try something different. That is so unlike me!:tongue_smilie:

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't used WT yet, but I'm looking into it for when my DD is in 3rd grade and I came across your post. I'm happy to see others enjoying this, as it looks kind of fun for this age range! Glad you 2 are enjoying it and it is sometimes hard to put things aside especially with the goal of completion, but looks like you made the right choice!

I have done the same thing as you did! I bought WT1 when dd was 5. It was too early but she did enjoy the "traffic lights" punctuation activity in it (with Hansel and Gretel instead of Caesar). We will use WWE1 now (she is 6 and in first grade) and if it goes well, we will continue with WWE, but also start WT1 in third grade.

Good to know your dd is enjoying it.