Menu

Millennium Hotel Questions

They do not have their own parking, so print off a voucher (or more if you intend to leave and come back). Last year we got in quite early (I'm thinking just after 1?). They had special tables set up to accommodate checking in for the homeschool convention people.

I parked mine at 11 on Thursday last year and didn't pick it up till Saturday. It was great not to worry about parking...one of the reasons I'm staying at the Millennium again. It's not the most deluxe place but the convenience is worth a lot.

Did they charge you $5 for parking once or $15 for $5 *a day*?

...but it's valet. $22 per day and $12 for a partial day. It is very expensive, but sooo nice. We make up the difference by bringing coolers of food that we don't have to shlep across town.

Since the Reds game will be going on when we arrive at the convention on Thursday, there is likely to be more difficulty getting into the $5 garages. Of course that shouldn't impact Friday and Saturday.

If you're carpooling with some other folks who'd split the cost, it might be worth the ease of pulling up and getting out!

It is per day. Also note that this year, the only one that is $5 per day, including Thursday, is the 7th & Elm garage, which looks the farthest away on the map. The only other $5/day garage doesn't have overnight parking until Friday.

We are spending the night on Thursday, so we will need overnight parking that night. Is the 7th and Elm garage a walkable distance from the hotel and conference center?

I just checked with my friend (we're staying together at the Millennium - she made the reservation) and she said they have two places to park: valet for $22/day but you can come and go and another lot for $10/day but there's no going in and out.

There are 5 parking garages that you can use the parking voucher with. The voucher is here. They range from $5/day to $12 per 24 hours. (but you can park anywhere you want)

We are spending the night on Thursday, so we will need overnight parking that night. Is the 7th and Elm garage a walkable distance from the hotel and conference center?

The 7th & Elm garage is one full block away from the Millenium & the convention center (on the convention ctr side of Elm). There is a street bisecting that block, so it's technically 2 blocks. But those 2 blocks together are the size of typical blocks in the area. It is the farthest [voucher] garage from the Hilton & Hyatt.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=39.101575,-84.516106&spn=0.00428,0.010568&t=h&z=17