Menu

Megawords or Apples

jennilv2003

One more thing...Any suggestions for a good vocabulary program? I will have a 1st grader, 5th grader, and 7th grader next year. It will be my first year homeschooling all of them. Is there something that works well for a span that big or do I need to buy something different for each dc?

I have a natural speller and use Megawords. It is a good fit. I don't know anything about Apples.

Wordly Wise is a good vocab program, but is better suited to each individual child. I dropped it mid-year as it wasn't a good fit. We just use vocabulary from the books that are read.

I'm not familiar with Apples, but I think 8 books of Megawords is a big commitment to take on starting in 7th. Have you looked at Sequential Spelling for Adults? If she only needs a bit of reinforcement, this might be the quickest, cheapest, systematic way to do it.

Apples sounds like it will fit what you are looking for...reinforcement painlessly.

As for vocab, you do not need formal vocab before 7th grade or they finish the spelling program you have chosen for the younger group. Read the grammar and logic stage lang arts chapters for more info..