Menu

RE: SWB blog post and the Philly convention

Here's the post.

http://www.susanwisebauer.com/blog/the-raving-writer/life-on-the-border/

Wild horses couldn't keep me awy from Philly now. Time to firm up those plans. And we WTMers really must find each other.

Of course, the real reason I am going is because I really need to think and read and listen and learn about how to teach my minions to write. I will keep my primary purpose foremost and try not to scuffle on the other issues.

I'll be flying solo, kidless, and looking for roommates at the hotel attached to the convention center. I keep meaning to call the hotel to see if they have a suite for 4. Would anyone want to do that if one were available? It might be less expensive than a double for 2. And it might be more fun.

Edited by yellowperch

I'm am really disturbed that speakers would do that in that way. I don't doubt that it happens, all kinds of people misrepresent all kinds of other people. It happens on this board often enough. I am equally disturbed by the thought of people gathering with their pitchforks to protect SWB based on what, third-hand information? You are wise to say, "I will keep my primary purpose foremost and try not to scuffle on the other issues." Why go in with an attitude of being on guard and aggrevated? I hope you have a weekend filled with good speakers and fun. And lots of books. And I hope SWB has the opportunity to set some speakers straight.

To CCM: No plans of any sort yet (that I know of). I'm hoping to connect with people here on this thread and start getting organized. I've never been to a convention so I don't know that much about how they are organized and so I don't know what makes sense. We'll figure it all though, I'm sure.

As far as the kids go, I hope you don't feel chastised by the anti-crying people. I've had to do so many things with all my kids, and often solo. I just keep my head up and smile and remember that more than 1/2 the people I think are disapproving are just glad it's not their children raising a rukus this time.

Here's the post.

http://www.susanwisebauer.com/blog/the-raving-writer/life-on-the-border/

Wild horses couldn't keep me awy from Philly now. Time to firm up those plans. And we WTMers really must find each other.

Of course, the real reason I am going is because I really need to think and read and listen and learn about how to teach my minions to write. I will keep my primary purpose foremost and try not to scuffle on the other issues.

I'll be flying solo, kidless, and looking for roommates at the hotel attached to the convention center. I keep meaning to call the hotel to see if they have a suite for 4. Would anyone want to do that if one were available? It might be less expensive than a double for 2. And it might be more fun.

Heck yes! And I want a PHP T-shirt to wear for the entire dang thing!

I have a room of my own (and I plan to enjoy every second of it :lol:) as a birthday gift to myself, so I'm not up for the roomie thing, but I'll definitely be up for meeting. I'll be in on Thursday and out on Sunday after the conference ends. Yellowperch, I found a $98 AAA rate at a hotel just a few miles from the conference (Mapquest says 3 minutes), so if you can't find roommates, you could always stay there and drive with me.

I'm really thinking of going. Drive up or fly up? Hubby/kids or not? I could send them off to Philly/South Jersey to see family but hubby and I would rather have our fingernails ripped out than drive the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76).

My high school prom was actually held in the convention center at VF.:001_huh: