Menu

Anyone combiine DIVE Chemisty CD with PH Chemistry?

I'm interested in hearing from those that have combined the Prentice Hall Chemistry textbook with the DIVE CD. How have you coordinated the two programs? Does your student work on exercises from both? Do you use DIVE for the lab portion, PH, or something else? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using both. I did contact the author for a syllabus for the combination. He said he would and never did, I'm sure he's busy though. I combined the two myself. They are not in the same order.

What we do is read the PH text and use the syllabus from Oak Meadow. Dd watches most of the DIVE lectures that correlate with the chapters and does all the labs the week the topic comes up in PH. If it's a particularly busy week she skips the DIVE lecture.

IF you decide to go this route I can email you my schedule that roughly correlates the two for labs.

I'm using both. I did contact the author for a syllabus for the combination. He said he would and never did, I'm sure he's busy though. I combined the two myself. They are not in the same order.

What we do is read the PH text and use the syllabus from Oak Meadow. Dd watches most of the DIVE lectures that correlate with the chapters and does all the labs the week the topic comes up in PH. If it's a particularly busy week she skips the DIVE lecture.

IF you decide to go this route I can email you my schedule that roughly correlates the two for labs.

Thank you; I would love to see how you lined them up. I'll PM you my e-mail address. Do you think the DIVE CD has enhanced the textbook lessons considerably for your dd? I was also considering the Oak Meadow Syllabus and would benefit from your comments on that as well.

Thanks!