Menu

Bloggers...question about blogspot

So, when I go to upload photos it always put them at the top of my blog. I can't seem to just insert them where I want them. Say, for example, I write out an entire paragraph and then want to insert a picture following it. It will always put the picture at the top of the page and then I have to drag it down where I want it. No big deal when there is just one picture, but it's annoying when I want to add a few. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to get them to just go where I want them?

Do you have the new editor downloaded/set up? I don't know how recently you set up your blog, so not sure if the new one is the default or not. To check, go into your settings page and (under the Design or Layout tab up top) and under global settings choose "Updated Editor".

If you already have that, all you need to do is place your cursor where you want the picture to be before you actually add the photo. So, upload your photo. Do not click "add selected" unless you are already in the right place. If you click this too soon, and it puts your photo in the wrong place, you can either drag it or right click the photo (so the little photo options show up below it) and click "remove" (or just delete). Then go back to the little "add photo" picture up top, and it should still have all the photos you uploaded. Click on just the one you want to place at that time, click add selected, and it will show up in whatever spot you've got your cursor.

Then you can manipulate it via the photo editing buttons (not to edit the photo), but can choose sm/med/large/x-large for the size, then L/Center/R for position, add a caption, etc.; these show up as hyper-links below the photo when you click or right click on the photo once it is added.

The updated editor really makes all the difference in the world.