Menu

cc c3 questions

Amy in KS

I'm really wishing I had access to the english grammar and science songs, but I don't because I'm currently doing CC on my own.

I'm considering joining an official group next year, but having to come up with all the money at once is a scary thought. I wish they had monthly payment options.

I'm trying to justify the cost of joining an "official" community. Of course, I would have the community, more public speaking for the kids, essentials for my oldest, etc. I'd love to do essentials, so that's a big plus...

Does the c3 has lots of resources to flesh out the memory work with more depth? That would be nice rather than having to add in materials on my own. That would add weight towards my wanting to join.

So you tell me, what resources are available on c3? I know the audio files are there, but what else? Are there extra learning pages for each week? Diagrams? Extra labs related to the science topics? I do have the guide, but it drives me a little batty when the experiments are completely unrelated to the memory work.

Edited by amy in ks

Just so you know, to subscribe without being a member of a community will cost you $60 a month. Otherwise, as part of a community, it's only $6.

Beth

As a member of a CC community and a c3 subscriber, i think that $60 a month is A RIDICULOUS amount to charge. Basically they are charging you a year's tuition, and if I were not a member of a community there is NO WAY i could afford to subscribe to that.

You can buy the resource cds from CC, but most of what is on the c3 community are additional tips for memorizing, a share-and-swap kind of thing where people post worksheets and ideas and possibly experiments, though I can't say for sure since I have not looked specifically for them.

I have not found a huge need for the C3 community, even though I subscribe. It's handy once in a while, but not an integral part of me doing CC. Other people may disagree with me...

I think if I were tutoring, I would find it invaluable. For us just working at home, it's not as vital.

Thanks all! I probably wasn't clear. I don't plan on subscribing to c3 if I'm not in an official group. Mostly I'm trying to figure out how much c3 fleshes out the materials for the parents (home use). If it did, it would be another plus towards joining. However, it seems that most people only find it helpful if you are a tutor?