Menu

History for co-op

You ladies had some great ideas for science so how about world history. This will be for 6th-8th graders. Needs to be Christian perspective. The class will meet once a week for 1 hour. I am then to send home enough assignments for the rest of the week to be done at home with parent or independent(if student is capable). It doesn't have to be a complete overview. I would like to start with Ancients. Any suggestions?

Our co-op used MOH this year and it has worked really well. Vol I covers ancients. From what I understand the 2nd edition is meatier than the 1st edition.

I'll have to check it out. We had started Vol.1 at home last year but it was an older edition and it would definitely be too light for 6-8th graders. Any other ideas?

This is EXACTLY what I'm in need of, too!! Christian text... not really wanting Bob Jones or A Beka.... I have one for American that is just what I want.... except... I want World History. The one I have for American is All American History by Celeste W Rakes

Ideas??

So far the only one I have come up with is Ancient Civilizations and the Bible by Diana Waring. I love the look of this program. I am just not sure if it would work in a co-op because there is so much in the program. If I was doing American I think I would go with the new Notgrass (if I could afford it) it looks great!

I'll have to check it out. We had started Vol.1 at home last year but it was an older edition and it would definitely be too light for 6-8th graders. Any other ideas?

I'm pretty sure the 2nd edition would be better for that age group. MOH is actually written for the grades 4-8, so it is pretty adaptable. We are going to be using Vol. I and Vol. II next year for a World History HS credit for my ds.

There is also a yahoo group with tons of ideas on how to beef it up. HTH some.