Menu

Saxon (Hake) Grammar and Writing

mama27

I'm using it with my son and loving it. I do only use the grammar and haven't even looked at the writing because my son takes an outsourced IEW writing class that's been wonderful for him.

My son really struggles with language and it has been amazing how well he has done with Saxon Grammar. He feels so successful and he has learned so much. He is applying what he has learned to his speaking and writing.

I spend a little time going over the lesson with him and we do a couple of the practice problems together and then he does the rest of the lesson on his own. I let him write in the book. I think it would be too cumbersome for him otherwise. He actually likes the program because he's been so successful with it.

I told my husband the other day, I'm going to have to get a copy for myself because ds now knows more about grammar than I do and I need to keep up.

Lisa

I have two kiddos using it. Two weeks ago I didn't schedule it in and they both asked where their Grammar was and requested that I schedule it in the next week.

We too are not using the writing.

We won't be using it next year though :( because the two older will use Bob Jones DVDs. I haven't broken the news to the children yet :001_huh:

I have two kiddos using it. Two weeks ago I didn't schedule it in and they both asked where their Grammar was and requested that I schedule it in the next week.

We too are not using the writing.

We won't be using it next year though :( because the two older will use Bob Jones DVDs. I haven't broken the news to the children yet :001_huh:

Is there a specific reason you are not using the writing?

Is there a specific reason you are not using the writing?

I just have so many things on my shelf for writing. It wasn't anything specific about the program. I'll have to pull it out later to look at it again. There are also dictation passages but we haven't used them either. I probably should have used it, just to make my life easier.

I just have so many things on my shelf for writing. It wasn't anything specific about the program. I'll have to pull it out later to look at it again. There are also dictation passages but we haven't used them either. I probably should have used it, just to make my life easier.

That's what I';m hoping for. Making my life easier!