Menu

Using expedia.com to buy airplane tickets

I am about to make my airplane reservations so I can go visit my oldest dd this July in Amsterdam -- I am very excited!

But now I need to make a decision -- how to buy the tickets. Expedia.com sells the airline tickets for about $300 less than the airline does, so I would love to buy them through Expedia.

I have heard, however, that hotels don't always honor reservations made through Expedia. Might that also be true of airplane reservations?

Since we travel so little, I have never used a travel agent. I am trying to do this on my own. :confused:

Has anyone had any experiences going through Expedia, good or bad? Does anyone have any recommendations about how else to buy airline tickets?

Thanks -- sometimes I feel SO clueless!

We just bought our tickets through expedia. We also bought from them last year. :D I have never had any problems, so far. If you feel uneasy about it, maybe you can buy it through the actual airline. Once, I bought it through our airport here, online.

I always get nervous about buying tickets because it so final. I read everything 3x, out loud, to make sure we're going where we are suppose to go and the right time and date, so I know how it is.

HTH

We've never had trouble either. One thing to take note of---check the amount of "taxes" they charge. When i was looking for tickets, I saw some that seemed like such a good deal, but when I checked how much it would be with the taxes, it was actually a little more than I could get them directly from the airline! Crazy! So make sure you know the REAL and FINAL total before you click to accept them!

You could also check with a travel agent, just in case, sometimes you can get a good deal through them. One agent got my dh and I first class tickets to Hawaii for the same price as the regular ones! That was awesome!

Sounds like you're going to have a great time, I hope you do!