Menu

rolling chart stand?

MeganW

My DH is starting to get a little annoyed with all the stuff I have stuck on our kitchen walls. US map, hundreds chart, address & phone number, memory verses, etc.

I was thinking that maybe I could get one of those rolling chart stands with the ring/hooks on the top, and hang everything, and maybe even hang the dry erase board as well by drilling holes in it?

Something like this:

http://www.learningresources.com/product/classroom+organization/adjustable+chart+stand.do?sortby=&&refType=1

Thoughts?

I did this exact same thing, except I used a garment rack similar to the one linked in the picture. Mine was given to me when my neighbor moved, but I have seen them at WM for about $15. My husband drilled holes and mounted my white board on it and I hang posters, maps, and pocket charts on it. I love it.

HTH,

Joy

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/storage-organization-closet-storage/whitmor-deluxe-adjustable-garment-rack-with-wheels-121807.html

I did this exact same thing, except I used a garment rack similar to the one linked in the picture. Mine was given to me when my neighbor moved, but I have seen them at WM for about $15. My husband drilled holes and mounted my white board on it and I hang posters, maps, and pocket charts on it. I love it.

HTH,

Joy

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/storage-organization-closet-storage/whitmor-deluxe-adjustable-garment-rack-with-wheels-121807.html

You are a GENIUS!!! So I guess your white board is permanently mounted, and then how do you handle the rest? Are they on rings that you rotate forward as needed? Or are you using magnets to hold them on your white board?

Thank you so much for your incredible garment rack idea !

I have an old one out in the garage that is just laying out there because I had no use for it.

What an EXCELLENT idea to use it for a map/chart holder.

Now my mind is just buzzing with other ideas for it !

Please share any other ideas you all have in how we can make the "garment rack" a real useful item in our homeschooling endeavors !

I just got the garment rack from Home Depot, except at my Home Depot it cost $21.88. I got it home to open it up & find 2 parts missing and discover that it's width isn't actually adjustable as stated on the box. It just has 2 shorter bars that you can add to the ends that stick out, outside of the middle opening. I need that width all in one section because my widest maps/charts are 45". So, I'll be returning it. I gave up & just ordered the one from learningresources . com.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got the garment rack from Home Depot, except at my Home Depot it cost $21.88. I got it home to open it up & find 2 parts missing and discover that it's width isn't actually adjustable as stated on the box. It just has 2 shorter bars that you can add to the ends that stick out, outside of the middle opening. I need that width all in one section because my widest maps/charts are 45". So, I'll be returning it. I gave up & just ordered the one from learningresources . com.

Oh, how frustrating!!

Now I'm eyeing the one on Amazon that has DOUBLE racks and a shelf at the bottom. Ooo-aaah!

• 2 months later...

I stumbled upon this old thread while searching for something else... but wanted to add what I did with my chart stand.

I have a tablet of chart paper hanging on the loops, but in front of the tablet I have a binder clip on each loop, hanging by one of the handles. Then when I want to hang up a poster, I just clip it into the binder clip. I also bought a lined sheet of posterboard which I had laminated, so I can put that into the clips to have a movable, erasable writing surface. The tablet of chart paper provides a hard surface for writing.

• 2 weeks later...