Menu

OK, I've done it again - forgot a teen girls birthday - gift cards?

She's graduating this spring from high school. I'm fb friends with her but I don't think she ever posted where she's going to college. Her first choice school starts with a D - not Dartmouth though, Davidson maybe? She's crazy busy with school, governor's school, band, church stuff.

Of course, I'll be on NC State campus today for a tour with my oldest. I don't suppose a NCSU shirt would fit the bill? :tongue_smilie: DH suggested a gift card - I tend to do gas and Starbucks. Things my oldest would love to have. That still good?

Oh and her sister's birthday is in 5 weeks. She'll be turning 16. Same thing?

She's graduating this spring from high school. I'm fb friends with her but I don't think she ever posted where she's going to college. Her first choice school starts with a D - not Dartmouth though, Davidson maybe? She's crazy busy with school, governor's school, band, church stuff.

Of course, I'll be on NC State campus today for a tour with my oldest. I don't suppose a NCSU shirt would fit the bill? :tongue_smilie: DH suggested a gift card - I tend to do gas and Starbucks. Things my oldest would love to have. That still good?

I'd do Amazon gift cards - they can select all sorts of things besides books...

I'm headed out to buy my soon to be 22 year old niece a starbucks card--she loves to have them on hand. She's graduating from Va Tech this spring. Don't know what I'll do about graduation.

Do visa cards have fees with use? I thought they did and that's why I've avoided them. I tend to get store cards. Depending on their interests, hobbies and store location I've also given Gap, Target, Barnes and Noble (nephew likes this), panera (nephew again), Games stop (16 yo niece), and Best Buy (but I won't go there anymore). Anyway, cards are great and if you have a broad view of their interests, it's not hard to pick a store.

I -tunes is a popular gift card with the teens I know, but for a graduation gift, I would give $$.

I personally wouldn't give a Starbucks card unless I knew someone liked coffee and didn't struggle with weight.