Menu

Traveling to Hong Kong...must see sights with 6 year olds...

It's been over 20 years since I was in Hong Kong, so I can't be of much help! At that time, it was really fun to shop in the single large communist Chinese store there. They had wonderful hand-made items at very reasonable prices. I remember great meals in Hong Kong too. Hong Kong was lots of fun for me, but I'm sure it would have been different seeing it with 6yos. Good luck!

Ooh, where's Laura in China? :001_smile: She is often in Hong Kong with her dc, I believe.

Disney is good, as is Ocean Park (rides, playgrounds, enormous aquarium, pandas, dolphin shows...), Peak Tram to the Peak (pick a clear day), number 6 bus from Exchange Square for lunch by the sea in Stanley, Star Ferry across the harbour and walk along the harbourfront in TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) on Kowloon side.

Remember that it will be very hot, sticky and likely to rain at that time. You will need sunscreen, hats, umbrellas (too hot for raincoats) and possibly prickly heat powder (buy at Mannings in Hong Kong if you need it).

Laura