Menu

New here (in Long Beach, CA)!!

Hello!

Just searching for new friends/playmates for our DS6 who is new to HS (as is mom). We live in the Long Beach area and are looking to meet some like-minded, classical education families to "grow" with!!! :)

We will be using Sky Mountain Charter School (to start) so if anyone using them has any advice/info. for me, I'd greatly appreciate it! This is all so exciting, scary, wonderful and terrifying, all at the same time! :001_huh:

Thanks so much!!!

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

welcome to Ca! I am in central OC, just down the way off the 22fwy. I'm probably not close enough for the kids getting together and playing, but I'd love to meet up with you sometime at a park, the beach or skateboard park, if you guys do that. Or Barnes & Nobles-our fav place.

I have 4 kids in Sky Mountain and my high schooler is with River Springs. They are both pretty easy to work with, which is why I chose them- they let me choose my curriculum and course of study. Email me if you have any specific questions about the charters.

marmeesez at aim dot com

-Jenny

• 1 month later...

Hi-- Was just checking to see if anyone is near LA. Looks like you two are the closest! Where are all the LA homeschoolers....hmm. I have lived here 2-1/2 years. I came from Michigan. Took a little while to get use to.

Anyways, I am up near Glendale/Eagle Rock. We have some people from the OC off the 22 that go to our church. And another couple comes up from Tustin.

I don't know anything about Sky Mountain? What is it?

:)