Menu

Yahoo today lists 8 known carcinogens to remove from your house....read link inside

Thanks for the link! I just read it and thankfully, we do not have many of those in our home.

My only concern is two things....

The paint on our walls. We painted our entire house about a year ago. The house smelled horrid for months. It gave me headaches and such. We didn't know about low VOC paints then...I guess we are out of luck on that right now.

We have one cleaning product called Kaboom that I'm sure is bad. It's a mildew remover. I let DH do that, he shuts the bathroom door (so the odor doesnt really get to the rest of our house) and he opens the bathroom window. When he's finished with it, we let the bathroom air out by keeping the window open for hours afterwards. Maybe we should find something else to use.

Thanks for posting this. I think it's good to be aware of how unhealthy many of the products are that are used regularly in our homes.

I'm always trying to find safer, yet effective alternatives.

You got it!

Thanks for the link! I just read it and thankfully, we do not have many of those in our home.

My only concern is two things....

The paint on our walls. We painted our entire house about a year ago. The house smelled horrid for months. It gave me headaches and such. We didn't know about low VOC paints then...I guess we are out of luck on that right now.

We have one cleaning product called Kaboom that I'm sure is bad. It's a mildew remover. I let DH do that, he shuts the bathroom door (so the odor doesnt really get to the rest of our house) and he opens the bathroom window. When he's finished with it, we let the bathroom air out by keeping the window open for hours afterwards. Maybe we should find something else to use.

Where can you buy low VOC paints? Lowe's, Home Depot? What brand/s?