Menu

Nancy Larson science or Real Science 4 Kids?

mama27

I have used both. I really liked RS4K chemistry. Nancy Larson does not have enough experiments. I have added to it tremendously, like a ton, in fact during Nancy Larson chemistry I used the activities in RS4K. That doesn't really answer your question completely, but I highly recommend RS4K chemistry and do not recommend Nancy Larson, unless you want a very scripted, textbook-y approach to science.

I really like RS4K chemistry, as well. It explains the concepts very clearly, and I wish I'd known about it when I was taking college chemistry!

The RS4K books are all available for viewing online, so it's easy to find out if it's something you like.

I've never looked at Nancy Larson, so I can't talk about that.

I can't speak to the NL chemistry, but we really like the NL 1. Yes, it is a bit easy for my older kids, but I really like the scriptedness of the TE and the fact that I don't have to go out and buy the extra supplies for the lessons...we live in a rural area and that was just too hard for me. We add lapbooks and other research projects to supplement the lessons. We are pleased.